Forum Moved to http://aqworldstown.darkbb.com/

Register Our Forum!
Our forum is very fun and its lots of fun. We chat, post, have contest, give o out Gold, Have a shoppe, get armors & Much more!
If you already have an account, Click "Log In"

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Register Our Forum!
Our forum is very fun and its lots of fun. We chat, post, have contest, give o out Gold, Have a shoppe, get armors & Much more!
If you already have an account, Click "Log In"

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Dragon Lord
Aslen
linku
-Phi-
8 posters

Forum Guide: How to improve your Moderator skills

-Phi-

Forum Guide: How to improve your Moderator skills Empty Forum Guide: How to improve your Moderator skills

Post  -Phi- Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:32 am

OK, we all think know what a Moderator is, right? When we say the word "Moderator", we think of someone who has a different coloured name and goes around closing topics... I'm here to further explain the job of a Moderator, and what one must do to maintain their rank.
    (This guide would best suit Moderators, though anyone can read this)

A Moderator is someone who enforces the forum rules. If they fail to do this, they are not a true Moderator. Now let's check the rules, shall we?
    Click here to read the rules... (It would be best if you opened it in a new tab)

OK, I know you guys "know" all of this, but I still want you to check over it.

Now, without looking at the rules and further text, think in your mind what "spam" is.

What is it? Is it when one posts something irrelevant? (answer in spoiler below)

Spoiler:
    Below are some examples of spam posts.

Cool.

Me too.

Yeah.

That is spam too. A forum post is, usually, expected to have more than just 2 words. It should have 2 sentences, in fact. I see this in every single forum topic I come across. And by Moderators as well! Guys, you should really stop this. It is appalling to see the numbers of Moderators going against the rules and spamming.

Another thing are forums that go against the rules. Just because you don't have the power to close down the topic, doesn't mean you should spam it!

Take a look at this post here. It is disgusting to know that you guys are actually taking your time to spam the whole forum. You said it once, and we heard you. What I mean to say here is that once someone has said that the topic is against the rules, just leave. It is not a place to disgust something. Just leave it.
    Now look at the post again. What do you see? 40 or so posts? 40 posts in a should-be locked up topic is, seriously, disgusting. You should have just left it.

Anyway, posting little posts show that you just want a high post count. Post count should not matter. And for a Moderator... that is over the top. This leads a bad example for members who aspire to become a Moderator. This shows that all they need to do is reach 1000 posts and then they'll have a blue-coloured name.

This is the end of my Moderator Guide.
    linku
    linku
    Captain
    Captain

Forum Guide: How to improve your Moderator skills Empty Re: Forum Guide: How to improve your Moderator skills

Post  linku Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:48 am

nice but can you be a little less... words next time
    -Phi-

Forum Guide: How to improve your Moderator skills Empty Re: Forum Guide: How to improve your Moderator skills

Post  -Phi- Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:49 am

lol. Linku, you should really read the post....
    linku
    linku
    Captain
    Captain

Post  linku Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:50 am

you really should you used over 6000 pixels!
    -Phi-

Post  -Phi- Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:51 am

What do you mean, my good sir?
    Aslen
    Aslen
    Mod
    Mod

Post  Aslen Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:52 am

lol
    linku
    linku
    Captain
    Captain

Post  linku Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:52 am

pixels mean mem ory space
    Aslen
    Aslen
    Mod
    Mod

Post  Aslen Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:53 am

ya
    linku
    linku
    Captain
    Captain

Post  linku Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:53 am

thats over 6000
    Aslen
    Aslen
    Mod
    Mod

Post  Aslen Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:59 am

ya it is
    -Phi-

Post  -Phi- Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:02 am

Oh dear, did I do somethign wrong? D:

lol.
    linku
    linku
    Captain
    Captain

Post  linku Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:02 am

no you didnt but please expect some slowness in your computer fron now on
    Aslen
    Aslen
    Mod
    Mod

Post  Aslen Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:12 am

lol
    linku
    linku
    Captain
    Captain

Post  linku Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:14 am

i really mean it
    -Phi-

Post  -Phi- Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:25 pm

Nope, my computer/internet is as fast as ever!
    linku
    linku
    Captain
    Captain

Post  linku Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:02 pm

well you should expect it to get a little slower
    Aslen
    Aslen
    Mod
    Mod

Post  Aslen Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:01 am

ya probably
    Dragon Lord
    Dragon Lord
    Captain
    Captain

Post  Dragon Lord Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:59 am

well my computer internet speed is 100.0 Mbps. nothing bad about having a fast computer. Maybe your just jealous that u dont have a fast computer.
    Aslen
    Aslen
    Mod
    Mod

Post  Aslen Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:01 am

ya r u jealus?
    linku
    linku
    Captain
    Captain

Post  linku Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:29 am

no im not my pc is 200 mpb so its fast
    Yash100
    Yash100
    Admin Assistant
    Admin Assistant

Post  Yash100 Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:26 am

-Phi- wrote:OK, we all think know what a Moderator is, right? When we say the word "Moderator", we think of someone who has a different coloured name and goes around closing topics... I'm here to further explain the job of a Moderator, and what one must do to maintain their rank.
    (This guide would best suit Moderators, though anyone can read this)

A Moderator is someone who enforces the forum rules. If they fail to do this, they are not a true Moderator. Now let's check the rules, shall we?
    Click here to read the rules... (It would be best if you opened it in a new tab)

OK, I know you guys "know" all of this, but I still want you to check over it.

Now, without looking at the rules and further text, think in your mind what "spam" is.

What is it? Is it when one posts something irrelevant? (answer in spoiler below)

Spoiler:

Cool.

Me too.

Yeah.

That is spam too. A forum post is, usually, expected to have more than just 2 words. It should have 2 sentences, in fact. I see this in every single forum topic I come across. And by Moderators as well! Guys, you should really stop this. It is appalling to see the numbers of Moderators going against the rules and spamming.

Another thing are forums that go against the rules. Just because you don't have the power to close down the topic, doesn't mean you should spam it!

Take a look at this post here. It is disgusting to know that you guys are actually taking your time to spam the whole forum. You said it once, and we heard you. What I mean to say here is that once someone has said that the topic is against the rules, just leave. It is not a place to disgust something. Just leave it.
    Now look at the post again. What do you see? 40 or so posts? 40 posts in a should-be locked up topic is, seriously, disgusting. You should have just left it.

Anyway, posting little posts show that you just want a high post count. Post count should not matter. And for a Moderator... that is over the top. This leads a bad example for members who aspire to become a Moderator. This shows that all they need to do is reach 1000 posts and then they'll have a blue-coloured name.

This is the end of my Moderator Guide.

How do you do the Spoiler thingy?
    linku
    linku
    Captain
    Captain

Post  linku Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:23 am

ya how?
    blazeingbazerker
    blazeingbazerker
    Follower
    Follower

Post  blazeingbazerker Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:46 am

ya how? lol
    Dragon Lord
    Dragon Lord
    Captain
    Captain

Post  Dragon Lord Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:09 am

why dont u just pm him?!?!?!
    Captain Slip AQworlds
    Captain Slip AQworlds
    Follower
    Follower

Post  Captain Slip AQworlds Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:07 pm

Yash don't copy EVERYTHING -.- just copy the important part
    blazeingbazerker
    blazeingbazerker
    Follower
    Follower

Post  blazeingbazerker Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:59 am

Captain Slip AQworlds wrote:Yash don't copy EVERYTHING -.- just copy the important part
    I dont think you can
    -Phi-

Post  -Phi- Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:42 pm

Yash did not copy anything. He did the right thing and used the "Quote" feature.
    Captain Slip AQworlds
    Captain Slip AQworlds
    Follower
    Follower

Post  Captain Slip AQworlds Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:30 pm

Yes that is what I meant you just copy and paste the important part like THIS:

Spoiler:

... like that and Yash to do that spoiler thing press OTHERS

Last edited by Captain Slip AQworlds on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Yash100
    Yash100
    Admin Assistant
    Admin Assistant

Post  Yash100 Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:23 pm

phi, your not a moderator and you are telling us how to improve our moderator skills
    -Phi-

Post  -Phi- Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:42 pm

Aha, that is because I do not believe you are using your privileges to its full potential.
    Captain Slip AQworlds
    Captain Slip AQworlds
    Follower
    Follower

Post  Captain Slip AQworlds Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:23 pm

Phi no offence but don't judge something until you try it out, I am a half mod but for some reason only SOME of the threads show the mod bar this is really weird Neutral

Edit:Well yes after reading this (Ok I didn't read it only because it was you complaining how mod powers are insufficient or something Neutral) It is true that this not only for moderators only and that some people do say "Yes" or "Ok" for like 20 posts which I don't see the point of, the point of posting something is to give your FULL word about the topic the only reason to post there again if you want to comment about someone else's post...
    Yash100
    Yash100
    Admin Assistant
    Admin Assistant

Post  Yash100 Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:41 pm

Captain Slip AQworlds wrote:Phi no offence but don't judge something until you try it out, I am a half mod but for some reason only SOME of the threads show the mod bar this is really weird Neutral

Edit:Well yes after reading this (Ok I didn't read it only because it was you complaining how mod powers are insufficient or something Neutral) It is true that this not only for moderators only and that some people do say "Yes" or "Ok" for like 20 posts which I don't see the point of, the point of posting something is to give your FULL word about the topic the only reason to post there again if you want to comment about someone else's post...

you wrote "I am a half mod but for some reason only SOME of the threads show the mod bar this is really weird" thats not weird because lordoc made us the mod bar because we post alot you dont
    -Phi-

Post  -Phi- Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:45 pm

@Captain Slip - It's good that you decided to read my guide and actually consider posting your say.
    This post was not meant to judge anything. My intention was naught but to guide you off-track Moderators. I am only posting what I have noticed around here, and, I must say, there is a lot of spam going on. Perhaps to increase one's post rate?
    Anyway, I am glad you, in the end, read my guide and agreed with my views.

Also, I am allowed to post a topic such as this. Lordoc has given me special permission to Back-Seat Moderator and help guide members of the forum...
    Yash100
    Yash100
    Admin Assistant
    Admin Assistant

Post  Yash100 Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:00 pm

alright phi, you rock
    -Phi-

Post  -Phi- Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:03 pm

Lol, thank you very much, Yash!

I've finished your userbar order...
    Yash100
    Yash100
    Admin Assistant
    Admin Assistant

Post  Yash100 Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:04 pm

thank you very very much, you rock!
    -Phi-

Post  -Phi- Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:18 pm

That's all right. We're getting a bit off-topic now...
    Captain Slip AQworlds
    Captain Slip AQworlds
    Follower
    Follower

Post  Captain Slip AQworlds Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:30 pm

I don't post much because I don't have anything to say Very Happy and Yash how does my number of posts effect my mod skills? I am clearly not a full mod though and I can't say if the Bar appears for you guys all the time so I don't know...

Last edited by Captain Slip AQworlds on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    -Phi-

Post  -Phi- Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:31 pm

Ah, another thing I should talk about.

A high post count does not make a good Moderator.

Lol.
    Captain Slip AQworlds
    Captain Slip AQworlds
    Follower
    Follower

Post  Captain Slip AQworlds Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:34 pm

Well yes I see that Kuyerjudd is a good mod and he hardly posts Very Happy
    Yash100
    Yash100
    Admin Assistant
    Admin Assistant

Post  Yash100 Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:39 pm

-Phi- wrote:Ah, another thing I should talk about.

A high post count does not make a good Moderator.

Lol.
    i believe that
    -Phi-

Post  -Phi- Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:42 pm

@ Captain - 300 posts is ideal for a Moderator of a forum like this. For a larger forum that is constantly running, I'd say a Moderator would need about 500 posts.
    Yash100
    Yash100
    Admin Assistant
    Admin Assistant

Post  Yash100 Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:44 pm

your kinda getting off-topic
    -Phi-

Post  -Phi- Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:45 pm

Not really, this topic was made concerning Moderators and staff.
    Yash100
    Yash100
    Admin Assistant
    Admin Assistant

Post  Yash100 Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:46 pm

i said kinda not all
    linku
    linku
    Captain
    Captain

Post  linku Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:29 pm

i think they all meant how to make a spoiler
    Yash100
    Yash100
    Admin Assistant
    Admin Assistant

Post  Yash100 Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:54 pm

how do you make a spoiler?
    linku
    linku
    Captain
    Captain

Post  linku Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:04 am

told you they were asking that!
    Dragon Lord
    Dragon Lord
    Captain
    Captain

Post  Dragon Lord Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:58 am

linku wrote:no im not my pc is 200 mpb so its fast

dude computers dont go that fast so i expect u are jealous just admit it i have a little brother like you but worse
    linku
    linku
    Captain
    Captain

Post  linku Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:13 am

i was just joking once in a while you need a good laugh right?
    and i was acctually talking about the future of pc(personal computers)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:20 pm